LDAP Account Manager Pro is an extended version of LAM which focuses on enterprise usage. It helps you to lower your administration costs by providing enhanced tools for your users and deskside support staff.
See our feature matrix for details.
All LAM Pro features are documented in the LAM manual.
This special feature allows your users to change certain LDAP data (e.g. telephone number or password) themselves.
LAM Pro can show a "Forgot password?" link that allows your users to reset their passwords by answering a security question.
It will make your life easier and allow you to focus on more important tasks.
- Samba password synchronisation
- Multiple login methods (e.g. uid and email)
- Optional 2-factor authentication
- Support for multiple self service profiles
- Highly configurable
- Password self reset with security question and/or email verification
- User self registration
- Allows to integrate external CSS files to match your corporate design
- Support for custom attributes
|Basic configuration settings||Manage input fields|
|Login with reset link||Password reset with security question|
LAM Pro provides some more account modules to support additional LDAP object classes.
Currently these are:
- AD LDS: users and groups
- Alias: can be used to define aliases for user accounts.
- Auto delete: uses dynamic directory services (DDS) to delete entries by LDAP server.
- Custom fields: manage your own custom LDAP object classes
- Device: manages serial numbers and other information for host entries.
- DNS entries: bind DLZ zone entries
- Group of (unique) names, group of members: these modules can be used to represent group relations. Since they allow DNs as members you can also use them to represent nested groups.
- Heimdal/MIT: manage your Heimdal/MIT Kerberos accounts
- IP host: IP addresses for host accounts
- Named object: rfc2307bis groups
- NIS object, automount: used to define network mounts.
- Oracle databases: replacement for tnsnames.ora
- Organizational roles: organizationalRole object class
- PPolicy: password policy overlay for OpenLDAP
- QMail: qmail user support
- RFC2307bis schema: some distributions (e.g. Suse) use this schema for group accounts.
- Sudo role: sudo role management that replaces /etc/sudoers
- Kopano/Zarafa: management of Kopano/Zarafa users, groups and servers
|Group of names||Kopano|
LAM Pro allows you to run any script on your server when an account is created/modified/deleted. You can specify if a script should be run before or after the LDAP modification. You can also specify LDAP attributes as parameters for the script calls. This allows you to further automate your management processes.
The LAM Pro self service also supports custom scripts.
Cron jobs can be used to e.g. notify users that their passwords will expire soon. LAM checks e.g. the PPolicy password policy and sends a password reminder email before your user's passwords expire.
There is a number of jobs available to notify users and delete/move accounts. LAM Pro supports Windows, Shadow, PPolicy, 389ds, FreeRadius and QMail.
You can define if LAM should allow write access, password changes or only read access.
Screenshots of read-only mode:
|No controls to add/remove accounts||No save button on account pages|
This special page allows your deskside support staff to reset the Unix and Samba passwords of your users. LAM can generate random passwords and you can send the passwords directly by mail.
If you set theof your server profile to "Change passwords" then LAM will not allow any changes to the LDAP database except password changes via this page. The account pages will be still available in read-only mode.
|Access from account list||Password reset page|
Please visit our online shop to order a LAM Pro license.
LAM Pro customers
Porsche Informatik G.m.b.H.
ABB Automation GmbH
Computer Task Group, Inc.
McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT
University of Hawaii
cosine Science & Computing BV
Ecole des Mines de Paris / CEMEF
MPI für Entwicklungsbiologie
United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT)
SupraNet Communications, Inc
- various technology companies including a large US semiconductor company
- a popular German telecommunication provider
- a big German logistics company
- a well-known US publishing company
- numerous universities and schools around the world